HVAC Fan Coil Types
Updated: May 6
There are several types of fan coils commonly used in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. Some of the most common types of fan coils include:
1. Horizontal fan coil units: These units are installed horizontally and are typically used in areas such as hotel rooms or apartments. They are designed to be compact and quiet, and may be mounted in a ceiling, closet, or wall.
2. Vertical fan coil units: These units are installed vertically and may be floor-mounted or ceiling-mounted. They are typically used in larger commercial buildings or multi-story residential buildings.
3. Cassette fan coil units: These units are designed to be installed in a ceiling and are often used in commercial buildings or offices. They are typically compact and quiet, and can be installed flush with the ceiling.
4. High-wall fan coil units: These units are mounted high on a wall and are often used in residential buildings or hotel rooms. They are designed to be compact and quiet, and may feature a remote control for easy operation.
5. Concealed fan coil units: These units are installed in a hidden location, such as a closet or ceiling, and are often used in areas where aesthetics are important. They may be ducted to distribute air to different areas of a building.
Overall, the type of fan coil unit used in a particular HVAC system will depend on factors such as the size and layout of the building, the desired level of comfort, and the specific requirements of the system.